Zybo Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC Trainer Board
The Zybo (Zynq™ Board) is a feature-rich, ready-to-use, entry-level embedded software and digital circuit development platform built around the smallest member of the Xilinx Zynq-7000 family, the Z-7010. The Z-7010 is based on the Xilinx® All Programmable System-on-Chip (AP SoC) architecture, which tightly integrates a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with Xilinx 7-series field programmable gate array (FPGA) logic. When coupled with the rich set of multimedia and connectivity peripherals available on the Zybo, the Zynq Z-7010 can host a whole system design. The on-board memories, video and audio I/O, dual-role USB, Ethernet and SD slot will have your design up-and-ready with no additional hardware needed. Additionally, six Pmod connectors are available to put any design on an easy growth path.
The Zybo provides an ultra-low cost alternative to the ZedBoard for designers that don’t require the high-density I/O of the FMC connector, but still wish to leverage the massive processing power and extensibility of the Zynq AP SoC architecture.
If you would like to start projects utilizing Zynq processors but aren’t sure where to start, check out The Zynq Book!
The Zybo ships without accessories.
If you would like an evaluation board for academic purposes, you can apply for a donation through the Xilinx University Program.
- Xilinx Zynq-7000 (XC7Z010-1CLG400C)
- 28,000 logic cells
- 240 KB Block RAM
- 80 DSP slices
- On-chip dual channel, 12-bit, 1 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (XADC)
- 650 MHz dual-core Cortex™-A9 processor
- On-board JTAG programming and UART to USB converter
- DDR3 memory controller with 8 DMA channels
- 512 MB x32 DDR3 w/ 1050Mbps bandwidth
- 128 Mb Serial Flash w/ QSPI interface
- microSD slot (supports Linux file system)
- High-bandwith peripheral controllers: 1G Ethernet, USB 2.0, SDIO
- Low-bandwidth peripheral controller: SPI, UART, I2C
- Dual-role (Source/Sink) HDMI port
- 16-bits per pixel VGA output port
- Trimode (1Gbit/100Mbit/10Mbit) Ethernet PHY
- OTG USB 2.0 PHY (supports host and device)
- External EEPROM (programmed with 48-bit globally unique EUI-48/64™ compatible identifier)
- Audio codec with headphone out, microphone and line in jacks
- GPIO: 6 pushbuttons, 4 slide switches, 5 LEDs
- Six Pmod ports (1 processor-dedicated, 1 dual analog/digital)